This Virtual Office Hours takes a closer look at options for color in Chinese Painting. Traditional vs. modern, convenient vs. quality, east vs. west - we examine the most popular color systems for Chinese Painting and review the pros and cons of each.
In this episode, we cover the following topics:
- Pros and cons of traditional Chinese chip colors
- Indispensable Chinese chip colors regardless of color system choice
- Chinese watercolor tubes: pros and cons and which brands are the most desirable
- Mixing color systems: how it can be done and what pitfalls to avoid
- Adapting any instruction to the color system of your choice
- Setting up your colors well by understanding color mixing and blending
- What color systems work best with traditional wet mounting
- Q&A and much more!
Online Event Originally Streamed on Friday, January 13th, 2023